80% of the US population has had acne at some point in their lives and for many people it is a real problem. Not only can it be painful but it can cause a loss of self esteem. After all it is pretty disgusting to look at and it feels even worse.
Do you look at the mirror in the morning dreading what you are going to see? Although it affects a very large proportion of teenagers it can also affect adults, sometimes for decades. So whether you are a teenager, in early middle-age, or a worried parent, if you are reading this then you are probably looking for a solution to your acne problem.
The Solution for Acne - Medical Treatment or Natural Treatment?
Your first reaction to an outbreak might be to buy some over-the-counter anti-acne cream, or prescription drug to get rid of the acne. These might work in the short term but the chances are that the acne will come back. The hassles of acne can be dealt with through more natural means, home remedies for acne which can deal both with outbreaks but also help prevent it coming back again.
Acne is not something which just happens to you. It does not come from outside. It comes from within yourself. You can start dealing with it, using natural remedies for acne, by following some simple rules:
- Drink lots of water. The most important thing of all in the battle against acne. At least 10 glasses a day. Water ensure yours body is hydrated, helps get rid of toxins and helps to clear clogged pores.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week. Exercise increases your metabolic rate, which will help you lose weight, make you want to drink more water, and will improve the blood and oxygen circulation to the skin which will help fight acne.
- Wash thoroughly at least twice a day, especially after doing exercise. Clean off any cosmetics at night.
- Reduce your consumption of caffeine. Are you a six cups a day person? Caffeine increases stress hormones in the body which may increase the production of oil on the skin, leading to acne outbreaks.
- Reduce your consumption of processed sugars, saturated fats, high fat dairy products, and hydrogenised fats like margarine. Studies show that eating these types of products hugely increases the chances of acne.
- Avoid fast foods like pizzas, kebabs, French fries or burgers. You will get a load of harmful toxins from the oils which are constantly reheated to cook fast foods.
- Cut down on alcohol. Quite apart from encouraging toxins in the body, and damaging your liver, alcohol dehydrates you.
- Eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruits. A great investment is a good quality juicer in which you can juice all types of fruits and vegetable such as apples, carrots, pears, pineapples, grapefruit or beets. A good variety of these in a tasty juice will give you a multitude of the nutrients your need.
- Eat products with omega-3 fats in them or find the right omega-3 supplements. Good sources of omega-3 are salmon and trout.
- Do not pick at your spots. Popping a single pimple can cause many more and may lead to permanent scarring.
If your acne outbreak is severe or persistent it may not just be a question of reducing your consumption of some of these harmful foods and drink but avoiding them altogether.
If you would like more information on how to get rid of acne the natural way Click here
Philip Tucker is an internet marketer and writer. For more information on natural home remedies for acne see his website http://www.destroyzits.com