Oily skin is not a disease, its just a skin texture that makes you uncomfortable from which you want to get rid of. Due to lack of proper guidance and information on oily skin care available, it has turned into one of the major skin problems resulting into acne and many other skin problems like pimples, blackheads and blemishes.
Several factors are said to be responsible for the aggravation of an oily skin:
CAUSES OF AN OILY SKIN
1. Heredity is quite responsible for an oily skin, but so do hormones. Pregnant women sometimes notice an increase in skin oil with the changes in hormonal activity. So do women going for birth control pills.
2. Stress can also lead in the overdrive of the oil glands.
3. The wrong cosmetics can easily aggravate an otherwise mild case of oily skin.
Some of these causes are within your ability to control, but others you will have to learn to live with.
In most of the cases, oily skin can be treated at home. But sometimes, the situation demands more than just a home remedy. You need to call for a doctor if you develop severe acne or notice notice any sudden change in your skin. Otherwise, go for these tips and try them at home:
OILY SKIN CARE TIPS
1. Keep your skin absolutely clean - You might be quite aware of the fact, that oilier the skin, the dirtier it looks and feels. And to get rid of this, keep your skin clean by washing it at least twice a day.
Generally, some doctors recommend you to use detergent-type soaps on your face. As a substitute to it, you can add 1-2 drops of dish washing detergent to your regular soap.
While some doctors condemn the use of detergent-type soaps as they are too harsh for your oily facial skin. Instead they recommend glycerin soaps to be used to clean your face twice a day.
If using a detergent soap irritates your facial skin then try the glycerin soap,easily available over the counter.
2. Give Aloe-Vera a Try - This wonder plant of the household is the best at absorbing skin oils. Slice open a leaf and smear the gel on your face 3 times a day. Let it dry. Or you can also keep a small amount of gel in the refrigerator during the summers for a refreshing face-lift.
3. Wipe with Astringents - Wipe the oily spots on your face by rubbing alcohol or a combination of alcohol and acetone that helps degrease your oily skin. Many drugstores even sell pre-moistened, individually wrapped alcohol wipes that are really portable, you can carry them in your purse for quick touch-ups all day long.
4. Carry Tissue papers with you - Paper facial tissues are the best substitute of astringents as they help soak up excess oils in a pinch. Get those special oil-absorbing tissues from a cosmetic counter that are very in removing excessive oils between cleansings.
5. Rinse your face with cold water - Simply splashing your face with cold water and blotting it dry a couple of times a day is equivalent to applying chemicals to your skin. These cold water rinses remove excessive oils from your face.
6. Make your own scrub - Make a paste of a small amount of ground almonds with honey and apply as a facial scrub for removing oils and dead skin cells. Now gently massage this paste on your face with a hot washcloth. Finally, rinse with cold water.
Another scrub from oatmeal mixed with aloe vera can prove to be very beneficial for you. Rub gently on your skin and leave on for 15 minutes, Then rinse thoroughly. And if suffering from acne on your face, then you should probably skip the scrub, as it can aggravate your already-irritated skin.
7. Apply Masques on your oily face - Masques prove to be very beneficial in reducing the oiliness. Either Clay masques or you can mix Fuller's Earth (easily available) with a little water and make a paste. Apply this paste to the face and leave on for about 20 minutes and then rinse off.
8. Go for water-based cosmetics only - Try to make your skin breathe by living without make-up, especially foundation. Using make-up or foundation that are oil-based blocks the pores of your skin thereby resulting in blemishes. And if necessary, then use water-based make-up only, especially spot concealers rather than coating your entire face. In general, prefer stick with powder or gel blushers, and avoid cream foundations as much as possible.
9. Tie up your hair properly - Keep your hair away from your face as oily hair accompanies an oily skin.
10. Do not touch your facial skin - Avoid touching your face throughout the day as your hands deliver excessive oils and dirt.
11. Choose a powder for you - For that extra shine-free protection, use simple products for your oily face such as Johnsons Baby Powder. This makes a superb face powder when fluffed lightly over your makeup.
13. Splash on the hot suds - Hot water is a great solvent. So, warm water should be used to wash an oily face and that with plenty of soap. Hot water plus soap dissolves skin oil better than cold water and soap.
Navneet Brar is one of the very few who love to help others in need, just by sharing useful information on anything and everything on internet for FREE. So, go for more information on acne control through natural acne home remedies. And to get the latest updates on anything on internet, kindly visit his website www.top54u.com