Whether you have rosacea or acne, no doubt you know how it feels to be embarrassed about how your skin looks. You know what its like to deal with unsightly breakouts, and covering up those problems can be difficult. However, no matter which skin problem you have, there are treatments that can help. So, lets take a look at some of the best rosacea and acne treatments that you can do at home to get rid of the problem.
The Difference Between Acne and Rosacea
First of all, it is important that you understand the difference between acne and rosacea before you decide whether acne treatments or rosacea treatments are right for you. While many people confuse the two skin problems, they are actually quite difference. Rosacea is a problem that leads to swelling, redness, and even breakouts on the face. However, acne is a common problem that involves pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and even cystic breakouts.
Easy Rosacea Treatments
You do not have to pay a huge amount of money to try to treat your rosacea problem. There are actually a variety of easy treatments that you can do yourself without spending huge amounts of money on treatments.
- Go with Water Based Makeup - One easy way to help treat rosacea is to go with makeup that is water based. Oil based makeup and even face creams can irritate the skin further and encourage flare-ups, so you will want to avoid it.
- Stay Out of the Sun - The sun can exacerbate your condition, so it is important to stay out of the sun as much as possible. While many people think that the sun will help to hide the problem, it can actually lead to more skin damage.
- Keep Your Skin as Cool as Possible - It is also important that you keep your skin as cool as possible. This includes avoiding showers that are too hot, avoiding spicy foods, and even avoiding hot rooms as much as you can.
Home Acne Treatments
There are a variety of home acne treatments that can cure your acne problem without you having to spend a lot of money as well. The following are a few acne treatments that you may want to try yourself.
- Use a Honey Mask - One home remedy that has proven helpful to many people with acne is a honey mask. Make sure that you only get pure honey and then apply it to your face like a mask. Allow it to sit for about an hour and then wash it off with warm water.
- The Power of Tomatoes - Many people have found that tomatoes seem to have acne fighting power as well and they make great acne treatments too. Take the pulp from a tomato and apply it to your face for 30 minutes to an hour and then wash it off. You can do this a couple times of day if necessary.
- Garlic is Healing - Garlic is known as a super food because of all the great uses it has and it's healing power. You can apply crushed garlic to your face and then leave it on overnight. It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to treat your acne problem effectively.
Whether you are looking for rosacea or acne treatments, these are several easy home treatments that can help. So, as you can see, you do not have to spend a huge amount of money to take care of your skin and make it look its best.