Below are 10 long-term prevention measures that can be taken to make sure you do not develop acne and is not forced to have to live with its consequences.
1. Pull hair away from the face while sleeping. Pull it back with a hair tie so that any dirt and oil from the hair doesn't rub off onto the face.
2. Do not pick at the slightest breakout. Popping or picking at one pimple can cause many more and then lead to an acne breakout.
3. Take a shower after working out. While working out is important to controlling acne, it is more important to shower after heavy sweating. That way, the pores do not become clogged with oil.
4. Cosmetic brushes should be washed in warm soapy water. Old brushes and contaminated makeup should be thrown away to prevent breakouts.
5. Keep hands away from the face. Excessively touching the face leaves dirt.
6. Over-the-counter treatments can be good preventive measures. Just be sure to moisturize.
7. Remove makeup before bed. Leaving makeup on clogs pores.
8. Gently clean the face twice per day, once in the morning and once at night.
9. Get plenty of exercise at least 3 times per week.
10. Drink lots of water.
By taking these precautions, the chances of developing acne become considerably less and you will tend to be much happier compared to what you would be if you had to deal with the consequences of acne.
AcneProblemTreatment provides more information on acne and its treatment, including acne scar treatment, acne scar removal and acne myths natural treatment. To find out more about acne information, please visit http://www.AcneProblemTreatment.com